17.10.07

sartidesign OPEN SOURCE?!

This last week I have been thinking about opening up the archives at sartidesign and having some designs available as Open Source Photoshop and Illustrator files to people in ministry.

Is this something you or your church would be interested in downloading and utilizing in your ministry?

If you were already a client of sartidesign, how would you feel about your design being made available for other churches to tweak and customize for their ministry?


Obviously I wouldn't make really recent work available on Open Source, it would be at least a year old to honor the clients who paid for the original customized work, but I feel it is the right thing to do to have ministries share their resources.

I'll keep you updated on this thought process as far as legalities, willingness, and interest. If you are wondering how this would function, check out LifeChurch.tv's OPEN.

5 comments:

Mike Lovato said...

Go for it. I'd both use it and be fine with our previous designs being used.

Unknown said...

Dude, I think that is brilliant!

JG

Tyler said...

I'd love that. We don't have the finances or know how to do a ton, but I love the idea, and this might allow us to do a little more.

Justin Driedger said...

yeah i mean I have purchased Sarti Products but also I saw a logo for element student ministry and our ministry is called the Element, I mean if we could just tweak those 3 words for our ministry that would be so helpful...could you let me know if this is possible?

Leigh Sarti said...

hey justin,
sorry i haven't had much of an opportunity to flesh this out, so i don't have anything for you that you could use at this point. you can contact me directly at leigh@sartidesign.com if you like and we can discuss further. thanks.