21.2.08

leigh fron cincinnati - part 1

We finally pulled into the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Airport about 7:30pm local time.

For those wondering, the 16 month old boy (Leighton) did great. On the first flight he was busy, but funny and not too loud. The second flight was one of those tiny jets, 3 seats to each row. Three things happened. 1) he tore off part of the little pamphlet explaining what to do in an emergency. I am glad we didn't go down, as I was missing crucial info from this pamphlet. 2) he fell asleep before take-off and woke-up just before landing. Perfect! 3) i forgot we were in a miniature plane and had him on my lap, lifted him up to adjust positioning and slammed his head on the overhead bins. Everyone looked around, some were in shock, some laughed (Jana). he didn't even flinch.

It was snowy, rainy, and frozen cold in Cincinnati when we got there. There was a shortage of taxis because of the terrible road conditions. Icy, dangerous. We didn't even get out of the airport before seeing someone in a rental car already crashed up over the curb on a turn. I laughed, because it was my favorite rental car, the Chevy HHR. Later that night, talking to Jake and Josh I laughed even more, as it turns out it was actually those guys who crashed up on the curb. This could be a combination of slippery roads, California driver and HHR.

Wow, a great start to the Cincinnati Adventure. Tomorrow I will blog about the Millenium Hotel, with the wireless internet speed of the year 1999.

2 comments:

karl said...

I'm in the Millennium, too. The only difference between this internet dial-up is the cool log in chatter of the old school dial. Bummer.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

This post made me laugh out loud...then I read Allisons account of the accident and I laughed even harder.